I made this recipe with a bone in turkey breast, but it could easily be made with chicken as well for a more affordable (and easier to find) option. Unfortunately, I am allergic to chicken, so I get excited when I find a small cut of turkey like this in our local store.
1 bone in turkey breast
4 large lemons
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
salt & pepper
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Use a fine cheese grater to get the zest off all of the (washed) lemons.
2. Juice all of the lemons.
3. Finely chop rosemary leaves.
4. Place turkey breast in casserole dish, and pour lemon juice over turkey.
5. Sprinkle top of turkey breast with lemon zest, chopped rosemary, and a sprinkling of salt & pepper.
6. Cook covered in preheated oven for approximately an hour and a half. Time will vary depending on the size of the meat you are using. The important thing is to cook it until the inside reaches a minimum of 165 degrees F.
7. Halfway through the cooking time, take out and baste turkey with juices from casserole dish. At this point, I also added in the frozen green & yellow beans (preserved from our garden!).
That’s it! This was a super easy dinner, and the turkey came out so delicious and juicy. 🙂