I had never made snickerdoodles until I found a Martha Stewart recipe for them on the packaging for my Martha Stewart Silpats. I modified the recipe to accommodate my egg allergy, and it quickly became a regular favorite in our house. Now I have modified the recipe again to cut out dairy and soy as well (since our baby has been reacting to those ingredients via breastmilk).
2 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1 cup Soy-Free Earth Balance Margarine, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 Ener-G egg replacers (3 tsp powder plus 4 tbsp warm water)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp sugar
1. Put margarine and sugar in mixer bowl (use paddle attachment if you have a stand mixer). Mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Mix in Ener-G egg replacers.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder & salt in separate bowl.
4. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add in flour mixture.
5. Mix topping sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
6. Scoop dough with cookie dough scoop and roll in cinnamon/sugar mix. Roll into round balls and place onto cookie sheet with Silpat (or lightly greased cookie sheet).7. Bake cookies for approximately 12 minutes and cool on wire racks.