I posted part 1 yesterday (here), with what I keep in my purse. Today I am showing what I keep in my diaper bag, and how I keep it all organized. When we bought all of the stuff we needed for the new baby, things like crib sheets and other items came i these thick plastic pouches with snap closures. I kept all of them figuring I would find a good way to reuse them. Once I started putting everything together in my diaper bag, I realized those clear plastic pouches would work great for keeping the diaper bag organized. I use them to keep together the components for our cloth hybrid diapering system. I also have another pouch for a change of clothes for the baby and some extra little accessories.
1. The changing pad that came with the diaper bag.
2. Diaper changing wipes.
3. Peepee Teepee.
4. Gdiaper travel dirty diaper bag.
5. Biodegradable inserts for hybrid diapers.
6. Extra cloth diaper shells and snap in liners.
7. Extra outfit and accessories for baby.
8. A great Burt’s Bees travel set that a friend gave us as a gift. The little bag contains lotion, diaper cream, baby wash & dusting powder.
9. An extra set of disposable breast pads. I normally use my organic cotton washable ones, and carry an extra set in with the baby clothes, but these are an extra backup in case I forget to replenish the cotton ones in the diaper bag.
10. Nursing nipple cream. Not my favorite cream, but I keep the one I use more on my nightstand. This one is okay and good in a pinch.
11. Organic cotton nursing cover.
12. Pacifier wipes.
13. I always try to bring my stainless steel water bottle with me everywhere I go. If I go somewhere and forget my water bottle, I get very thirsty very quickly because the little guy nurses so much. Just in case I forget my favorite water bottle, I have this folding water bottle tucked into the diaper bag that can be filled up anywhere.
14. Small nose suction bulb that opens up for cleaning.
15. Dye-free infant acetaminophen.
16. Gripe water.
17. Bottle of ibiprofin for me in case my pelvic bone pain flares up while we are out somewhere.
18. A couple of reusable shopping bags. I usually toss one in my purse, but I always try to keep extras in the diaper bag.
19. Small stroller hook. The larger one is clipped to the storage compartment on the stroller, but I like to keep this one in the diaper bag in case I need it.
20. Organic cotton swaddle blanket.
A closer look at the change of clothes and accessories that I keep on hand for the little guy. Everything is organic cotton. A onesie, footed pants, a hat, socks, little mittens, and an extra set of breast pads for me.
Everything fits in nicely, even leaving extra room in case I want to toss in the Moby Wrap.
Experienced moms: how did I do? Anything I am missing, or am I pretty well-prepared for anything? So far I feel like I have everything I could possibly need for now.