A few years ago, a friend of mine made some amazing turkey larb lettuce wraps for us when she had us over for dinner. I became obsessed with them since then. She could not remember the exact recipe that she used, so I started a process of trial and error to find my own perfect blend of ingredients. All of the experiments came out good, but I think my final mix comes out amazing. This has turned into a part of the regular dinner lineup in our house.
1 bag of Trader Joe’s frozen Confetti Rice
1 package ground turkey
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 small red dried chili peppers, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass (using only the white part)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Juice from 3 limes
1/4 Thai fish sauce
A few sprigs of fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Put coconut oil in wok and add in ground turkey. Cook on medium heat, stirring the turkey periodically until the turkey is about 75% cooked.
2. Add in the garlic, chili peppers & lemongrass. Continue to cook while stirring regularly until the turkey is completely cooked and the garlic is softened and slightly opaque.
3. Heat up rice in microwave for 3 minutes.
4. Pour lime juice & fish sauce in large serving bowl.
5. Once turkey is finished cooking, add it into the serving bowl with the liquid mixture, and mix well to blend.
6. Add in Confetti Rice, and mix well.
7. Add a bit of chopped fresh cilantro to garnish.
8. Scoop mixture into individual pieces of lettuce to form lettuce wraps.
So easy, tasty & healthy! It usually takes me 15 minutes or less to make the whole thing!